Have you ever got frustrated by using your electric smoker for smoking and getting neither the desired taste nor the flavor? Has something undesirable like this happened to you? If yes, then we have some smart tips or advice to overcome this problem by knowing how does an electric smoker work.
How does an electric smoker work? – A must-have newbie query
The following 6 steps would reveal everything about the first-time use of an electric smoker.
Step 1. How to use:
- Season your electric smoker, if it is used for the first time.
- Start the electric smoke by hitting the power button.
- Add the advised amount of wood chips in the embedded wood tray.
- Preheat the smoker to 200- 225F (93-107 C).
- Put a water bowl filled entirely with water at the bottom of the smoker chamber of the smoker to keep meat moisture through steam by heating water.
Step 2. Smoking the meat by an electric smoker:
- Season the meat by dry rub or marinade to infuse flavour.
- Put the meat on the racks inside the chamber.
Step 3. Shut the door and lock it.
Step 4. Smoke the meat inside the smoker according to the prescribed time 2 to 8 hours generally.
Step 5. Add more wood chips or water if needed.
Step 6. Let the meat cool down for 15 to 20 minutes before eating.
By now, you have a pretty good idea about how to work an electric smoker as well as how an electric smoker works.
Therefore, there will be no question in your mind, such as do electric smokers work well.
The Super Twin Convenient Advantages- Electric Smoker
The best points regarding how an electric smoker works are elaborated below.
- You can set it and then forget it and move out of your home entirely. And yet, when you return home, you will find genuinely juicy and tasty smoky meat or grill fish ready to excite you and your friends.
- Secondly, you will encounter no hassle of cleaning electric smoker by messy ash or charcoals.
These are the two truly great news for you about electric smoker use.
However, the flip side is that the smoky flavor of the electric smoker smoked meat is less delicious than meat smoked by charcoal or gas smokers.
There are different questions about the use of an electric smoker. Some of which are presented below, along with the well-articulated answers.
Can BBQ grills be smoked well in an electric smoker?
The answer is presented in 2 parts, as given below.
- If you are a purist, you will find the flavor of electric smoker smoked meat not at par with the flavor of gas or wood charcoal smoked meat.
- The electric smoker’s other limitation is that it can provide only one particular type of smoke, which is provided by the smoldering woods. So, the taste will also be limited.
Therefore, now you surely have developed crystal clear answer to the query of how do the electric smokers work well as well as the comparison between electric vs propane smoker used for grilling
Why do you use a meat thermometer when cooking?
Well, you definitely should for most practical reasons, as explained below.
- Firstly, if you care about the health safety issue, then you must use a thermometer. This will make sure harmful microbes are killed before you serve the cooked food to your guest or family.
- Secondly, the thermometer lets you check the doneness of the food such as burgers, chops, steaks, which are related with perfect timing and temperature management.
When and why an electric smoker excels over another smoker? Few thoughts
If you aim for the best measurement of smoking, there is no alternative to an electric smoker. The paramount reasons are stated, and concisely explained below:
- Digital control of timing and temperature results in the most accurate time and temperature management.
- Allow you the convenience of doing other works during cooking time.
- Remote control use allows huge mobility.
- Adding wood or chips to the chamber without disrupting the cooking process.
So, an electric smoker can let you have complete control and mastery over producing smoke. And at the same time allow you to be free to pursue your other works.
Methods to get the best smoking flavor
Let’s go through the concisely written stages and know all about meat smoking to get the best result.
Step 1. Season your smoker by marinating.
Step 2. Get your meat ready as per the recipe according to the type of meat.
Step 3. Switch the smoker on preheating.
Step 4. Set the perfect cooking temperature according to the cooking guide.
Step 5. Put wood chips and refill the smoker water pan.
Step 6. Make sure to keep your meat moist.
Step 7. Add more wood chips during smoking
Step 8. Spice up by adding sauce at the final stage.
Step 9. Take out the meat from the smoke rack and delight your taste buds.
Step 10. Switch off the smoker and let it have cooling downtime.
Step 11. Clean every part of the smoke grill after each use, such as drip tray, tray, water pan, and the internal surface of the chamber.
Now, let’s have look at a perfect brisket smoking hosted by our expert……..
Also read: Best indoor electric grill for Korean BBQ.
In a nutshell, we have included everything that matters about how does an electric smoker work backed by our decade long dealing history with an electric smoker. Or did we? Maybe you also have very many interesting facts about electric smoker use floating in your mind. So, why not share some of your thoughts with us.
We are eagerly waiting for your idea. Feel free to comment below.[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="4"]